Baxters’ Spooky Beetroot Soup
Scary in looks with a mouthwatering taste the soup need not be saved for Halloween, it makes a fantastic, healthy meal for the whole family throughout the winter months. With the star ingredient being Baxters sliced beetroot, a superfood with antioxidising power, the soup is highly nutritious and counts as one of your five a day.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
What You’ll Need:
- 1 x 540g jar of Baxters sliced beetroot
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- 600ml hot vegetable stock
- crème fraiche
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
What To Do:
- Cut the beetroot into small pieces and set to one side, ensuring they are well drained.
- Heat the oil up in a large frying pan and add the onions and garlic and fry over a gentle heat for 15 minutes or until very soft. Add the diced beetroot and mix well, before adding the hot vegetable stock. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes before taking off the heat and allowing to cool slightly.
- Liquidise the soup with a hand held immersion blender or in a food processor until smooth.
- Add a tablespoon of sugar and stir well.
- Season to taste before reheating the soup over a low heat until it is hot, but do NOT allow to boil.
- Serve immediately with crusty bread or croutons, and a swirl of crème fraiche on the top.
Recipe from Baxters.com