What You’ll Need:
- 2 sea bass fillets
- 80g long stem, sprouting broccoli
- 50g edamame beans
- 2 avocados
- 150g cooked quinoa
- 2 bags baby spinach
- 1/2 pomegranate, remove the seeds then set them aside to use
- 30g pumpkin seeds
- tossed gently in a dry pan until slightly popped
For the Salsa Verde sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Tbsp. of capers
- Tbsp. of gherkins
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 2 large handfuls parsley
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1/4 tablespoon of mustard
- 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
What you need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 190C and drizzle the sea bass fillets with olive oil. Place in the oven until the fillets are flaky and cooked through (approximately 15 minutes).
- Put the quinoa in a medium pan and add 300ml of boiling water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer until tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed. This should be between 15 and 20 minutes. Once liquid is absorbed, fluff with a fork.
- Pour a spoonful of olive oil to a frying pan, then add the broccoli and a pinch of salt & pepper. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes to soften, then add the edamame beans and cook for an extra minute. Remove all from the heat, and mix together in a large bowl with the quinoa.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Chop the capers, anchovies, garlic and herbs, mixing all together well. Add the mustard, vinegar and seasoning, then stir in the olive oil until the sauce is at the right consistency. Set aside.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the stones and slice. Toast the pumpkin seeds in a frying pan for several minutes, then add to the top of the salad.
- Begin to plate everything up. Add the spinach, then the quinoa and broccoli mixture. Top with pumpkin and pomegranate seeds, then add your sea bass to the top of the salad. To finish, pour the previously prepared Salsa Verde sauce over the top of the fish.
Saucy Top tip:
- If you’re in a rush or a simply seeking a fuss free post-work meal, The Saucy Fish Co.’s frozen Sea Bass with Salsa Verde – new to the freezer aisle.