Blackberry and Apple Champagne Cocktail
Valentine Warner’s Blackberry & Apple Champagne Cocktai is the perfect way to toast to 2014. Mixed with berries for sweetness and topped up with prosecco, this blackberry and apple champagne cocktail is ideal for celebrating this New Year’s Eve.
What You’ll Need:
- 300g/11oz blackberries
- 150g/5oz caster sugar
- 6 T apple brandy
- 1 bottle of chilled prosecco
- Few extra blackberries to serve, optional
What To Do:
- Put the sugar and blackberries in a pan with just a dash of water (two tablespoons). Cook them until they have totally collapsed on a fairly rapid simmer for about six minutes or until syrupy.
- Strain the syrup into a small jug and chill. Discard the fruit.
- Pour the syrup between the six glasses adding one T of the brandy to each.
- Top up with the prosecco and add a blackberry to each glass