Salted Peanut and Chocolate Cupcakes
The combination of peanut and chocolate makes for a sweet and salty treat that will tickle your taste buds.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 18 mins
What You’ll Need:
- 50g cocoa powder
- 200ml boiling hot water
- 125g butter, softened
- 150g caster sugar
- 50g dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large Ella Valentine eggs, room temperature
- 200g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 75g roasted salted peanuts
- 120g butter, softened
- 200g icing sugar, sifted
- 50g dark chocolate, melted
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with cupcake cases.
- Stir the hot water with the cocoa until smooth and leave to cool.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add the vanilla extract. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the flour in one go. Then the cooled cocoa powder. Fold in the peanuts.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases and bake for 18 minutes or until a cocktail stick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Place on wire racks to cool completely.
- Cream the butter, gradually add the sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add the cooled, melted chocolate and continue creaming until fully combined.
- Pipe onto the cupcakes using a piping bag and then, garnish with roasted peanuts.