Lancashire Red Onion Tarts
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
What You’ll Need:
- 4 individual shortcrust pastry tarts
- 15g (1/2oz) butter
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 100g (4oz) roasted red peppers (from a jar), torn into pieces
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Few drops balsamic vinegar
- 100g (4oz) Lancashire cheese, cut into chunks
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh thyme sprigs
What To Do:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C / fan oven 160°C / Gas Mark 4.
2. Arrange the pastry tarts on a baking sheet.
3. Melt the butter in a non-stick frying pan and gently fry the onions for 8-10 minutes until soft and tender. Add the roasted peppers, cherry tomatoes and balsamic vinegar, stirring gently. Spoon into the tarts and share the chunks of Lancashire cheese between them. Season with black pepper and add a couple of thyme sprigs to each tart.
4. Transfer to the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until warmed through. Serve with salad.
Recipe from The British Cheese Board.