Buttercream dipped in melted chocolate – a quirky and delicious way to top a cupcake.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 18 mins
What You’ll Need:
- 50g cocoa powder
- 200ml boiling hot water
- 200g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 125g butter, softened
- 150g caster sugar
- 50g dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large Ella Valentine eggs, room temperature
- 12 hole muffin tin
- 12 cupcake cases
For the Vanilla buttercream:
- 120g butter, softened
- 200g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp milk
- 200g milk chocolate, for dipping
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (350F), Gas Mark 4.
- Line a 12 hole muffin tin with cupcake cases
- Stir the hot water with the cocoa until smooth and leave to cool.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add the vanilla extract. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the flour in one go. Then the cooled cocoa powder.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases and bake for 18 minutes or until a cocktail stick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Place on wire racks to cool completely.
- Cream the butter, then gradually add the sugar until smooth and creamy. Mix in the vanilla and milk.
- Pipe onto the cupcakes using a piping bag. Leave to set for about 20 minutes.
- Then melt 200g milk chocolate in a deep bowl and carefully dip the top of each cupcake into it.
Recipe from Ellavalentine.co.uk.