Chocolate & Coconut Cupcakes
These are sure to be a crowd pleaser, moist chocolate sponge topped with a coconut & chocolate fudge frosting.
What You’ll Need:
For the cake:
- 100g plain chocolate
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 175g golden caster sugar
- 50g cocoa
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 125g self raising flour, sifted
- 1 ½tsp baking powder, sifted
- 50g Dorset Cereals Chocolate Granola
- 2 tbsp Rachel’s Greek Style Coconut Yogurt
For the frosting:
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 200g milk chocolate
- 150ml double cream
- 100g Rachel’s Greek Style Coconut Yogurt
What To Do:
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4 and line a muffin tray with paper cases.
- Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and microwave on medium power for 1 minute until melted, alternatively place over a pan of simmering water.
- Beat in a mixing bowl the butter, sugar, cocoa powder and eggs until soft. Add the flour and baking powder. Lastly gently stir in the melted chocolate, cereal and yogurt, until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the cases and bake for 20 minutes until risen and firm to touch. Leave to cool.
- In a small bowl heat the icing ingredients except the yogurt in a microwave until the chocolate is melted, again this can be done over a pan of simmering water. Leave to cool slightly and then stir in the yogurt, leave to cool completely. The frosting must be soft but not runny. Begin by spooning the frosting into the centre and carefully using the back of a knife spread over the cakes.
- To serve – sprinkle with extra desiccated coconut or chocolate shavings
- Mixing bowl or electric mixer
- Small heatproof bowl
- Spoon or spatula
- Muffin tray
- Small knife
Recipe from Rachelsorganic.co.uk.