Simple, chic, and sophisticated – the LBD is a wardrobe must-have for any woman.
From classic Audrey Hepburn shifts to modern mesh and body-con dresses, we’ve rounded up the current hottest LBD’s to see you through the festive season in style.
Complete your Little Black Dress with our five favourite accessories:
1) The Tux Blazer – A velvet or wool tailored blazer is the perfect androgynous finish to your LBD.
2) Clutch Bag – Add a pop of colour and glitz with a metallic bag.
3) Killer Heels – Sorry ladies, but flats just won’t cut it with the LBD. Be brave and go for a bold leopard print, or keep it sophisticated with a classic black court.
4) Tights – We love Wolfords collection, particularly their spotty tights. Mytights.com also have a great range from 40s-inspired seamed to 60s-esque opaques.
5) Statement Jewellery – The LBD should be kept simple and chic but this doesn’t mean your jewellery has to be boring. Go for either a statement cuff or chandelier earrings.
Silk-Satin Strapless Dress
Yves Saint Laurent at net-a-porter
Showcasing the label’s exquisite tailoring and craftsmanship, this dress nips in at the waist and complements the curves of every figure.
Wool Jersey Dress
ISSA at Matches
A chic a-line shift that will become your wardrobe staple.
One-Shoulder Jersey-Crepe Dress
T by Alexander Wang at net-a-porter
Team this dress with stacked statement cuffs and bangles.
Tulip Mesh Shift Dress
The mesh detail is sexy yet sophisticated. Pair with classic black courts and a metallic clutch.
Aziza Lace Camisole Shift Dress
By Malene Birger at My-Wardrobe.com
This luxurious shift dress is the epitome of lady-like chic. Keep it simple with a pair of chandelier earrings.
Asymmetric Shadow Shift Dress
3.1 Phillip Lim at My-Wardrobe.com
Stay true to the pared-down aesthetic of 3.1 Phillip Lim in this stunning monochrome silk dress. Team with simple black accessories and a bold statement cuff.
Sequin Jasmine Dress
A real party dress, the oversized shimmering pailettes are so on-trend and look dazzling. Team with opaque tights and platform courts.
Hence Crepe and Leather Mini-Dress
Maje at net-a-porter
We love this modern black dress. Finish off the look with a touch of leopard print.
Foxy Lace Sleeve Dress
This body-con lace dress will make a real statement. Team with a red lip and classic black courts.
Black Whisky Power Dress
Preen at My-Wardrobe.com
With its studded leather waist belt this Preen dress has a rock’n roll feel to it and is the coolest LBD we’ve come across.
Diane von Furstenberg at Matches
The polka dots pop in this sheer, layered dress. The dropped waist and shift shape is a very flattering fit.
Jacquard Spot Prom Dress
Go for a 50s look with Jaegers spotty prom dress.
Black Claudia Sequin Dress
Project D by Dannii and Tabitha at My-Wardrobe.com
Perfect for parties this dress is a great investment. Team with some fine gold hoop earrings and a smoky eye.