“We hope this helps and gives everyone the confidence to fake tan like a pro. Fake tan can work for anyone, even the typical pale Irish skin . The trick is to tread lightly and we can all achieve that beautiful natural golden glow like you have spent a summer in Barbados.” said Lisa and Linda the founders of Bellamianta.
- Prepare the skin by shaving and/or waxing at least 24 hours before application. This allows the skin to settle after shaving / waxing, which can irritate the skin and leave you with an uneven tan if applied straight after.
- Exfoliate and moisturise the skin in the days prior to applying your tan, but not the day of application. Similarly to taking time after shaving / waxing, exfoliating can cause the skin to become very dry. Ensure you moisturise well and leave 24 hours before you apply your tan.
- Ensure you apply your tan to clean dry skin that is free from all products, this gives the tan a clean canvas and ensures an even glow.
- Using the Bellamianta Luxury Tanning Mitt, with added grip proof lining and space for your thumb to ensure a seamless application, start by applying Bellamianta Luxury Tan from the ankles moving upwards in circular motions, leaving the face, hands and feet until last. Using only the residue product on the mitt, lightly apply the tan to the remaining areas.
- For particularly dry areas such as the hands and elbows, apply an oil free moisturiser 15 minutes prior to application. The oil free moisturiser will allow the tan to develop on the skin but not adhere to the drier areas.
- Wear loose clothing while your tan develops, this ensures a perfectly even tan. Clothes that are tight on the skin can rub off the developing tan which can somethings lead to a patchy result.
- Shower off the guide colour the morning after, or after the recommended time period as specified by your Bellamianta Luxury Tan product. Make sure to tap the skin dry and avoid any unnecessary rubbing with towels.
- Apply an oil free moisturiser all over the skin to keep it hydrated ensuring a longer lasting tan. Oil breaks down tan so make sure the moisturiser you are reaching for is oil free so your glow stays perfect for longer.
- For the best wear off results, Bellamianta Tan recommends you exfoliate with the Bellamianta Exfoliating Mitt to remove dead skin cells and moisturise with an oil free moisturiser to ensure an even wear off.
Bellamianta’s Top Tips for Removing Tan
- Lather the skin in baby oil an hour before showing. Using the Bellamianta Luxury Exfoliating Mitt in the shower to buff the skin and remove any remaining tan. Depending on the level of tan on the skin, this step may need to be repeated to ensure all tan is removed.
- Keep the skin hydrated by using a rich moisturiser in the days leading up to a re-application.
Buy Bellamianta products individually –
To find out where your nearest stockist is, check out www.bellamianta.com